DIY dua book
“And your lord said: “invoke me and ask me for anything and I will respond to your invocation” (Surah Ghaafir 40:60)
Allah encourages us to make dua and supplication for anything and everything. When I say everything I mean literally everything; before leaving the house, when starting a new job and even when entering the toilet. Yes, of course we can go about our day to day routine without making dua however as a believer I choose to turn to Allah for his blessings as part of my Ibadah (worship).
There are several dua’s for day to day actions; in order to make it easier for me to memorise and supplicate these dua’s I created my very own book of dua’s that I would like to introduce you to and inshallah you might like to give it a try.
Reasons to create a dua book
There are a number of reasons to create your own dual book which I briefly mentioned above
- Although you can readily purchase books with daily supplications creating your own book means it is personal to you containing duas that apply to your day to day life.
- You can easily locate your duas in place to use daily
- If your anything like me then writing things down will help you remember and memorise the duas easier
- You can organise your book in a way that suits you for example I created a category system to help me locate duas quickly.
- Your dua book can encourage others to make dua too for example when I leave my book laying around my family members like to read through it in other words it can serve as a reminder not just for you but those around you
How to create a dua book
You can be as creative as you like using a binder, spiral notebook or a project book.
I chose to use a retro style ring binder which is small enough to fit my handbag so I can carry it around with me. I preferred the ring binder option as it allows me to add pages if needed.
I chose to use a category system and divided the binder into the following five categories forgiveness, protection, blessings, travel and home. Other category examples are: Family, mosque, Ramadan. I created tabs for each section.
Using a personal dua book is helping me to create a habit of remembering Allah not just during prayer time but all the time. I really hope this has inspired you in some way and may Allah SWT help us to better ourselves and strive to become better Muslims.