There are a lot of times that you want to eat something. However, you can never get a taste of it for the fact that it contains pork.
Today, we are going to remake the famous carbonara into a halal one. This recipe is from Maysa of Bhibik ya NehNeh. You can check her blog for more halal recipes.
Get ready and have the taste of carbonara in just a few minutes.
- 1 pound of spaghetti noodles (1 box)
- 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 strips of turkey/chickeb bacon cut into small strips
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese or Parmigiano-Reggiano (plus more for serving)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Boil pasta (8 to 10 minutes) in unsalted water. Do not throw away the stock.
- In a bowl mix together the egg, Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- In a pan (this is where halal comes in) saute 2 garlic cloves cut into slices and 5 strips of turkey bacon cut into strips into a little amount of olive oil.(Side note: The real carbonara doesn’t have garlic, but it tastes better with it.)
- Once the bacon is cooked and crispy, drain all the fat.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the pasta stock to the hot pan
- Add the pasta noodles.
- Turn off the heat (very important otherwise the eggs will scramble).
- Pour in the egg mixture and stir with a wooden spoon. The egg and cheese should form a creamy sauce, don’t cook it for too long or it will become dry.
- Serve it by sprinkling some more turkey bacon, shaved Parmesan cheese and some more black pepper…the black pepper makes the dish.
A serving of Halal Carbonara coming up!