Badak is a healthy Maranao soup made from coconut milk and usually best partnered with rice. It is great for the cold weather and tastes better with an extra palapa!
- 1kg fresh jackfruit
- 4 pcs dried fish
- 1 1/2 pcs onion, sliced
- 3 pcs bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion leeks, sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk from first strain
- 1 liter gata (2nd strain)
- 1 1/2 cup tiyolo (sauté dessicated coconut until brown, medium heat)
- 5 tbsp Palapa (how to prepare)
- 5 dried laurel leaves
- 2 tbsp salt
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Mix the jackfruit, turmeric, 3tbsp of palapa, onion and bell pepper, laurel leaves, tiyolo and dried fish in the pan.
- Pour the second strained coconut milk and cook for 30 minutes to soften jackfruit. The amount of jackfruit needs to be proportional to the amount of water.
- Put 2 tbsp salt when the soup is boiling already.
- Mix 2 tbsp palapa again.
- Mix the first strained coconut milk.
- When it boils again, mix onion leeks.
This recipe is from Maranao Recipe.